Today’s work time distraction brought to you by PMI.org, for hosting a free all day online seminar for PDU credits during the workweek. I’m going to have that playing on one screen while I do actual PM work on my other two.
Sadly, not everyday can be Tie-thulu.
Good luck everyone else.
The Lovecraftian Knot
Hi!, or Introduction: MANAGED!
It seems that my fantastic weekend visiting my Mom brought a new host of followers. Welcome, one and all. Here’s some facts about me to help you understand the fresh slice into which you’ve walked.
- My name is Middle Management, Living The Dream (MMLTD). Seriously, I’m probably not going to tell you my real name. Probably. I’m cagey like that.
- My world is largely based in the Metro DC area, but I travel with fair regularity, and do laps of the NYC area from time to time.
- I work as a Project Manager, Business Analyst, and manager for a company based in California and throughout the USA. I tend to travel for work or family at least once a month.
- I’m a certified PMP, which is an ‘i’ away from being awesome.
- I freaking love ties. Shirt and tie, every day to work. And I’m prone to some crazy and weird knots because.
- My blog will occasionally feature some business or project tips I come across.
- My blog will more frequently feature some errant tirade on anything. Movies, music, computers, broken headphones, 12 hour work days, family, unfattening. Caveat Emptor.
In short, you’ll find nothing truly useful here, but perhaps something moderately entertaining. I welcome you.
Feel free to drop me a question if you have them.
We drove 200 miles in 3 hours, including a stop for gas and coffee, then another stop to Home Depot to return all the extra crap I bought as precautionary items for the stereo install. To say we drove quickly was an understatement. The unspoken agreement between Mrs. MMLTD and I was to put as much distance between us and new jersey as possible as quickly as we could.
And now we’re home. We’ll sit in silence for a while, because there is nonstop talking, yammering, and groaning with my mom and her boyfriend. We’ll enjoy a quiet respite, and later put the tv on with the football game on low. I’m going to hit the treadmill for a bit to run off all the food and anxiety.
Good luck everyone else.
Breakfast with my mom
- MMLTD: Is something burning?
- Mom: No, cooking. I put something in the toaster oven.
- MMLTD: What?
- Mom: I don't remember...
- For the purposes of blogging humor, MMLTD should move back in with his mother.
- DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME, DR. BAFFLED! DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME.