Things for Things
- I worked from home today because I had no meeting scheduled. A nice quiet day at home doing some presentation work and sending emails was just what I wanted.
- And by ‘working from home’, I apparently mean ‘sit on the couch and watch a marathon of Storage Wars: Texas and laughing at the idiocy’.
- I’m heading out on another work trip next week. A conference my department is hosting in southern California. It should be fine, but will likely be long days of running around, adhoc meetings, and corralling people. I need to add a layer of ‘job networking’, too. I had a really good year in my company last year. I need to see if I can trade on that, and look for openings in other departments.
- My job hunt would go much better if I could get off my ass and finish updating my resume.
- Mrs. MMLTD is going to be out of town this weekend. I expect to fill the hours with the triumvirate of alcohol, video games, and general geekery.
- I can hear you breathing
I’m drinking and taking an online training class
I’m sure this will turn out well.
I met up with a coworker last night at a bar. Drove straight from the airport there, since it was on the way and closer than my hotel. I arrived at 9:30pm. We then closed the bar. Not a difficult feat, considering they closed down at midnight. It was a nice couple of drinks and out-of-office BS-ing and chatting. And drinking.
While I only had about 3 or so beers, I found myself exhausted this morning, and rung out. Thankfully, my meetings aren’t until this afternoon. I’m not too worried about them. This is my 7th of 8 sessions. I can do this underwater.
Speaking of water, I really wish I drank more of it last night. And got a good night’s sleep. And didn’t travel cross country. And was at home.
Okay, I need to apply coffee.
Good luck everyone else.
Am drinking a lot of scotch
Have devolved into high school.
Brace for ‘yo mamma’ jokes and obscure movie references.
Ready… Set… (Update)
I’m working on my weekend to-do list. An update for you:
- Inappropriate amount of Taco Bell**
Music PS3 Gaming
- Movie Watching
- All of the above, with beer.#
- Anything but work
**Taco Bell was closed because of a huge freaking storm around my area. It was so bad, it knocked out power…only around Taco Bell. I get Taco Bell like 3 times a year. Today was apparently not the day.
#Working on it.
Happy Weekend, little managers.